Learn all about permacultre with this advanced course.
During this course you will:
- Compare the suitability of three different planning procedures, for development of a Permaculture system on a specified site.
- Analyse the weather patterns of a site in your locality as a basis for planning a Permaculture system.
- Distinguish between, using labelled drawings, different types of earthworks, including: banks, benching, terracing, and mounds.
- Determine the factors unique to the design of Permaculture systems in humid tropical climates, dry climates, and cold climates.
- Determine ten animal species suitable for inclusion in a Permaculture system in each of the climates above.
- Estimate the equipment required, showing any necessary calculations, to complete each section of work.
- Determine the costs of five types of different materials, for a specified Permaculture development, from different suppliers.
- Compare the costs of establishing two different Permaculture systems, which you visit and investigate.
There are 10 lessons and assessments to complete in this course:
Lesson 1- Evaluating Design Strategies
Lesson 2- Understanding Patterns
Lesson 3- Water
Lesson 4- Earthworks
Lesson 5- Humid Tropics
Lesson 6- Dry Climates
Lesson 7- Temperate to Cold Climates
Lesson 8- Planning Work
Lesson 9- Costing
Lesson 10- Sustainable Systems
There are no general entry requirements for this course, just your drive, motivation, and passion for the industry. You may enrol into this course at any time and begin studying shortly after enrolment.
Duration study load
We allow up to 12 months to complete this course, although your actual completion time may be less depending on prior experience and the time you commit to your study. Approx 100 hours.
GROW Training Group offers a range of payment plans to suit any budget.
Course fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services.
On completion of this course, a Statement of Attainment in Advanced Permaculture will be issued.