Learn all about Aboriculture with this course.
During this course you will:
- Distinguish between plants in order to identify at many different trees.
- Develop a standard tree report form, customised for surveying the condition and use of trees in your locality.
- Explain how to treat three specified soil related problems that can effect trees.
- Develop a twelve month program, for managing a health problem detected by you in an established tree.
- Demonstrate bridge grafting across a bark wound.
- Distinguish between different methods of pruning including:
- Canopy reduction -Cleaning out -Topiary -Espaliering
- Determine legislation which is relevant to a specific arborist in a workplace which you visit.
There are 8 lessons and assessments to complete in this course:
Lesson 1- Introduction to Arboriculture
Lesson 2- Tree Biology
Lesson 3- Soils In Relation to Trees
Lesson 4- Diagnosing Tree Problems
Lesson 5- Tree Surgery
Lesson 6- Pruning of Trees
Lesson 7- Aboriculture Equipment
Lesson 8- Workplace Health and Safety
There are no general entry requirements for this course, just your drive, motivation, and passion for the industry. You may enrol into this course at any time and begin studying shortly after enrolment.
Duration study load
We allow up to 12 months to complete this course, although your actual completion time may be less depending on prior experience and the time you commit to your study. Approx 100 hours.
GROW Training Group offers a range of payment plans to suit any budget.
Course fees include course delivery and assessment, study materials and dedicated student support services.
On completion of this course, a Statement of Attainment in Aboriculture I will be issued.